Monday, September 17, 2012


MOM!!  FAMILY!!!
 
It's great to hear from you!  Man, the boat is still in the water, wish I was there to fish along with them.  It gets down to 30 at night, but during the day it's around 65.  That's lucky that Michael has a day off, and what is wrong with his knees?!?  Get that kid to the doctor!  That's great about Cindy!!!  Missionary experiences.  Man, the computers are so slow today so my typing is really delayed.  It's very frustrating when your mind is moving a million miles per hour, but the computer is moving at a snail's pace.  Its ok, patience is a virtue.  I have been doing really well!

So this week, we have gotten 7 new investigators!!  How incredible is that?  We are leading the mission in numbers, not that that matters, but we are doing work.  This area is hard to find people, but this week we seemed to be able to connect dots and find the people wanting to hear about the gospel.

We are teaching 3 youth, their names are Gage, Cad, and Zander.  They are all very interested, but Gage is the most interested.  The questions he asks are incredible!  He is 11 but has the thoughts of a 40 year old.  He is very bright and very quick with his thoughts.  I love having a conversation with him out here because he tends to be very sporatic and it's easier for me to connect with him when our thought processes align.  Cad is 15 and has been reading all of the chapters we assign him and more!  He is a great kid and really wants to know about our Father in Heaven.  Our investigators invited us to go to the homecoming football game last week, it was alot of fun but it really made me miss high school, hockey and all the fun stuff I did with my friends and Ness.  Seeing families out here is really great for me, it is building my love for all of you so much even though we aren't near each other.  That is a blessing of a mission. Tuesday, we spent the entire day building a ramp for a handicapped woman. The ramp was 25 feet long and 4 feet high.  I will include pictures this week or the next depending on time.

Me and my companion are doing really well, it was his 20th birthday on Saturday, so a lot of members had us over for cake and goodies.  One family, the Barchi's had us over, and it was like being home again.  They were so loving and so much fun to talk to.  They gave me a ton of advice about my mission and I feel grateful for the words they shared. Their son is really cool and he is going to come trackting with us one of these days.

We stopped by an investigator's house this week, their name is the Farleys.  They are progressing really well and are constantly feeling the Lord's hand in their lives.  After we said hi to them, a big tractor pulled off the side of the road and an old man jumped down, he reminded me of Mr. Prokoff. (Mr. Prokoff sp? is our upstate neighbor and a dairy farmer - the kids have known him since they were small).  He gave us $20 for lunch!!  It was so funny to have that happen haha.  We have been riding our bikes all over, and it's alot of fun and alot more productive.  I have been trying to adapt efficiency into our missionary work.  We tend to not schedule our days so that we aren't wasting time traveling from appointment to appointment.  Instead we organize them so they are all in order.  I am loving the work and am really happy.  The scriptures I have been reading are the Doctrine and Covenants, I love the Joseph Smith story, I read it quite often.  A great scripture on the light of Christ is D+C 50:24. I am writing you a letter later today and it will be a lesson on just that.  So be excited. :D Missionary work is alot of fun, I am starting to love every bit of my day.  I love being busy and coming home at night just exhausted.  The spiritual exhaustion is crazy, I never thought it was possible for your spirit to be exhausted.

Trust in the Lord in all you do, everything happens for a purpose if we are obedient.  That doesn't mean slack off, it just helps me out knowing that the Lord is on my side and He wants to help me.  I love being so close to Him because I can ask any question and know I will get some sort of answer.  I have recieved many answers to questions I've had about myself and others over the past week, and each time it is so powerful knowing I am worthy enough to recieve these answers.  Being humble is extremely important, I have learned that the hard way.  As soon as you get confident in yourself and don't give credit to our Father, you will get knocked off your feet for a minute.  But that's all part of growing.  You cannot grow if you don't first get knocked down.  The Lord allows us to fall so we can learn to pick ourselves up again, and mainly use His lifeline and learn to lean on his shoulders.  

Sounds like life at home is great! I am happy to hear you are all well. Keep up with scripture reading.  Read every night as a family and dissect what you read.  Push yourself to understand more and more each time.  It's amazing when you put your whole focus and heart into studying the scriptures, you can get so many amazing answers.

Mom, sounds like a blast going on that trip!!!  I'm jealous!  Have a great time and tell me how it was.  I want to go to the temple soon, we are allowed to go on Pdays, the only problem is it uses up most of our preparation time so we have to do it on a week when we don't have appointments on Monday night.

Today, we are going to Idaho Falls for training and then shopping around that area!!  Pday is Phun day! haha jk  Every day is Phun day out here!  It's weird the transformation I've seen!  I never thought I would love this work as much as I do, but it's true, a mission is a fast track to seriousness and adulthood.  This is giving me so much knowledge about life that I can and will apply throughout my entire life.  

Expect a letter soon! and yayyyyyy I'm so excited for packages!!!  I love mail!! 

I love you all very much!!  Work harder in the gospel, and feel the blessings!  I love you and I will keep ALL of you in my prayers.  Stay safe.  Never stop, Never settle, Nothing is final.

Love,
Elder Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment