Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reaping What We Sow


MOM!!  (his letters are to all of us, I just typically write our "family" letter to him)

Dah!  I loved that email, Conference was incredible!!!  My jaw dropped and I teared up a little bit!  I hope Vanessa serves!  Man, she would be a bomb missionary!  Only thing would be is she would distract all the other Elders in her mission :/.  Man, that announcement was incredible!!!  This will change the world..literally.  So many more missionaries and so many more RM's.  (Thomas is referring to the announcement that was made in General Conference that this missionary age requirements are now changed so that men can serve at age 18 and women at age 19 - a surprise for all!)

I loved Elder Holland's talk, he is my idol.  He starts out slow and calm, then gets into it and just blows everything away!  I hope some day i can teach and speak like he can!! or even a fraction of it would be nice. His talk was just so powerful when he asks "Do you love me", speaking as the Lord.  (It was my favorite talk as well, so powerful - if you want to see it yourself, click the link here: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/10?lang=eng&vid=1884811466001&cid=9

This gospel is so true...I have no doubt about it.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  If this church was not the re-established Church of God, tens of thousands of 19 year old boys would not leave home for 2 entire years, pay money, and leave all that they have ever known to serve a mission. If this church was not true I would not be able to do what I am doing currently.  It simply could not be done.  The Book of Mormon is a miracle.  It has been around for so long and lasted from times of old.  The Bible talks about it coming.  It is a miracle.  It is the work of God.  If someone isn't part of it...be a part of it.  Do what you need to do.  Be proactive.  Do something with the gifts you are given.  God is there, Jesus is there.  Hearing two 19 year olds speak as powerfully as we do is a testament of that.  A 19 year old boy cannot regularly give marital advice, give job advice, or give personal addiction advice unless he has the power of God.  We need to stop doubting, stop attacking, and stop ridiculing that which is true.

Ok, so this week has been great!  I got to go to the temple twice!!!  It was so great and I felt such a great peace and spirit about everything!  I went on splits with Kaden, a boy who is leaving in a month for his mission.  We taught a lesson and got one new investigator.  For spud harvest, we worked on the belt line, sorting potatoes and dirt clods haha.  Its amazing how many potatoes there are!  I have pictures I will hopefully have time to send today.  We did service at the Carlson's house as well, we removed bushes and pricker bushes.  The guy in charge asked if I could come work for him after my mission because he like my work ethic.  ( I thank my dad for that).  It's been great to do some physical work around here, haha I needed it badly!  During study time, I have to get up and walk around every once in a while to keep the blood flowing!  

I will write Grammy!  I got her letter!  Tell people to send packages directly to me.  And yes, the cookies are so good!!!  Tell her I love her as well!  It's 16 degrees at night here!!!  We woke up and our lawn was frozen solid haha.  The spirit is so strong in my life, I have learned to pray about everything!  It helps out so much!!!  I hope you all have a great week!  I am going to send some pictures now.  I love you!!!!  Have a great week!  Talk to you all soon!!!!

Love,
Elder Fischetti

No comments:

Post a Comment