Friday, November 9, 2012

The Best Two Years


Mom!!!! (Elder Fischetti's letters are to everyone, but I write our "family" letter, so sometimes he writes to me)

Yes, I am able to drive now, thank you so much for taking care of that!! (driving record needed to be sent to the mission office so he can start driving). Holy cow, that storm really destroyed a lot!  I can't even believe it!  We can't watch the news, so I just rely on people's words.  This election is so nerve wracking!! (Elder Fischetti's email this week was written on Election Day, prior to results).

I bore my testimony in another ward about missionary work. I said "Some advice to the youth, sisters and brothers, prepare.  Prepare to serve a full time mission.  There is no work that is more important at this time in our lives.  We are given a commandment and a promise to serve and if we do our lives will be forever blessed. Just as our brothers and sisters before us put their whole heart and soul into the gospel and building the kingdom of God here upon the earth, we Must put our hands to the plow and never look back. NEVER." It's true, we can't slow down!  

We are starting a mission prep class for all of the youth on Sunday evenings.  The Stake President is really excited, and calls us his missionaries!  I love my mission, I can't say it enough.  It is such an honor to be out here.  When people ask me how my mission was, I don't want to be one of those guys that say "it was good, or fun or cool."  I want to be like Jack Church, who still to this day - 16 years later - wears his name tag on the inside of his suit coat every Sunday and when you ask him how his mission was, he looks to the ground, and with tears in his eyes looks at you and says, "It was the most amazing time of my life."  Every second that passes is just one less second I will be here for!  Just as in hockey, every second counts.  There is no such thing as making up for lost time, so I have really been taking advantage of every second of my mission.  "You have 2 years to do it, and an eternity to think about it." 

So the Hills, the Native American family, are doing really good.  They bore their testimony to us of how they love us coming over and teaching them.  This week has been a little slow on lessons since we split the Stake and gave 90% of our investigators to the Sisters (sister missionaries).  It's ok, the Lord wants us to focus harder on these wards for a reason!  We found 2 new families and 2 new investigators yesterday!!!  Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.  I love the families out here, they are like my second family, I love all of them so much. 

The other day, I went down to our basement because our house is known as the snake house.  I now know why! I saw a snake right in front of my face!  YUCKKK  I hate snakes!  We want to go snake hunting with the boys in our stake. haha  But we can't risk getting bit, so probably not!  

An older lady had us over for dinner, she kept saying how nervous she was to feed us, she was so adorable!!! She said she woke up early and all day prepared the food and the table!  She had her nicest dishes out and it was really fun to be with her.  She is adorable and like a grandma now haha. 

I witnessed a miracle, we were trying to find a house the other night, and no matter what we did, we couldn't find it.  Then a man came running to us and said he had to talk to us!!  So we went into his home very cautiously, and we found out his brother committed suicide the other month and now he needed help.  We are teaching him now and he is changing slowly but surely.  We weren't ever supposed to find that house we were looking for, we were supposed to find him.  

We went to a Figure 8/Destruction Derby (maybe he means Demolition Derby?) the other day. haha  It was so funny to watch!  All of the true Idahoans came out of their shells and it was almost like a movie! haha  We only stayed a few minutes, but gave away 2 Books of Mormon.

I want all of you to read 1 Nephi 16, but read it to discover new knowledge.  Especially in verses 30 and 38, it talks about the liahona, which runs on faith and obedience and will lead you to the mountain of the Lord. It's a message within a message.  If we are obedient and faithful, our liahona (or the Holy Ghost) will lead us to the mountain of the Lord!  Faith and trust in the Lord and anything is possible.  If we don't show faith, he can't work miracles.  It just isn't possible.  It's easy - almost too easy.  We have a clear description and example on how to live the happiest and most successful life possible!  It's called the Book of Mormon!  To all of those who have not read it...READ IT.  It is the Only book with a promise.  The promise is that if you read it and pray about it with a sincere heart and a desire to know if its true... You will receive an answer.  It's a promise!  Just give it a try. There is no better way to know how to live to become exactly what you want to!

This church is true. Jesus is the Christ and Savior of this world.  I will never slow down from doing the work of the Lord because I know the messages and teachings of this gospel are 100% true!  There is no doubt in my mind of that.  The Holy Ghost can talk to everyone, pray and ask for help and you will receive it!  God is there, he loves each and every one of you.  I know that for a fact.  As a servant of the Lord, I can promise things, I promise that if you read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, you will recieve an answer.  I also promise that if you are struggling, turn to the Lord in prayer.  Pray always in your hearts and expect an answer.  He will give it. Always stay on the Lord's team.  This church is true.  Everything about it.  The Priesthood organization is the largest most powerful group of men in the world.  The Relief Society is the largest group of women in the world as well.  I know that The Book of Mormon really are the words of prophets and of God.  I know that Joseph Smith translated it through the power of God.  I know that Thomas S. Monson, our prophet, speaks to God directly.  He literally speaks to him.  He knows exactly how to lead this church.  To Know is to DO.  We know this church is true and to all of those that don't already know, search for the answer and when you recieve it and know this church is the church of God, Act on it!  

I love this gospel, I love my mission, and I love serving other people.  I can't explain how much I love my mission, words don't do it justice.  I am having the time of my life.

Have a great week!!  Stay safe and help others!  Lean on the Lord and may He walk beside you and carry you when needed.

Love,
Elder Fischetti
 
You have a heritage: Honor it
You will meet sin: Shun it
You have the truth: Live it
You have a testimony: Share it

No comments:

Post a Comment