Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week of January 28, 2013


Hello! 

We have like a foot of snow outside!!  It's crazy!!  It snowed for 1 day straight nonstop!  So Caitlin's call!!!  That is so exciting!!  Stateside is the way to go!!  Foreign is over rated! hahaha

So, I have an MRI this week for my headaches, I went to the Dr. that dad said to go to, he was really on the ball and really wants to figure it out.  I will keep you informed, don't worry.  So R and D are being baptized this Saturday!! R's is so exciting, we taught him the word of wisdom and he has dipped every day for 20 years!!  He took the can of it and threw it out and hasn't touched it since!!  His baptism is going to be so packed!!  They announced it and the whole room gasped haha.  Missionaries have been trying for years apparently!!  D is 9 and he is a cool kid!  

So we tried using a door approach of "can i use your bathroom?", then the other one of us pitches the gospel!  I got denied haha the guy said "sorry I won't let you use my bathroom"!  I was blown away hahaha!  Never have I been denied that harshly! 

We had dinner with a crazy fun family!  5 little boys!  I called this one kid stinky so he calls me Fishstinky. He is crazy, we were teaching and he was walking around talking to himself saying I'm a scorpion, these are my pinchers and he was shaking his butt for his stinger, haha. 

So sometimes we make deals with people to get them started, with a few less actives we made a deal that if they come to church 4 weeks in a row they get to throw pies in our faces, but if they don't, we get to throw them at them!  We also made a deal with some other kids that if they read every night we will give them doughnuts! haha  They read and came to church!  So we also met M, a lady who just moved here, we were held up by some service and our plans were behind, but then we walked past a lady and I felt we had to talk to her, so I turned around and ran to see what her deal is, she is not a member and is coming to church next week!  She will be baptized within the next 2 months, I can feel it!  We went over to the H family and E goes, "Elders are here!! I happy!"  He is so cute we play with all of his toys when we go over haha. 

It was like 40 degrees Saturday, so we spent the entire day shoveling water and heavy snow for people!  It was so exhausting!  Jack and I were teasing each other last night at his house for Family Home Evening, he started tickling me and I lost it!  I was laughing so hard, I almost died!  We were wrestling and punching each other, then he ripped my shirt a little bit so I tore it all the way down, it was exciting!  He signed it so I can keep it as a memory.

I love my mission!  It is going so well and I am just so involved in the work!  I love every second of it!  I am so proud of Caitlin for going!  It was nice to watch the video of her opening it!  How is home?  Did you get a lot of snow?  We barely have any free time, but when we do we have fun with it haha.  Elder M is awesome, we have a lot of fun together and we just work our butts off each day!  

I am doing that coconut oil thing and it is helping out a little bit!! So the talk went well? Woohoo!!  I'm glad!  Elder M and I look like such dorks in that picture on the newspaper, the sun was in our eyes and it was like -10 outside haha. 

I am so blessed to have this opportunity to be serving a mission!  Every one needs to go, the amount you grow in just a few years is irreplaceable!  Thank you guys for all the support you have given me!  We were trying to eat healthier, but it's too expensive.  It's hard having to budget out money!  I've never had to be so aware and frugal with each dollar!   

I hope you guys have a great week!  Stay safe and warm!  Don't ever forget that I love you and am so thaknful for the family that I have!  Keep up the good work and remember CPR!!  (Church, Prayer, Reading) Pay your tithing and fast offerings as well!!  Blessings will come, I promise! Tell all the family I said hello! Thank you!

Love, 
Elder Fischetti  

No comments:

Post a Comment