Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Missionaries will be Boys (sometimes)


Hey Family!

Another hard working week gone!  Time is flying!!  Two missionaries just got home this week and they say it's like a dream!  They say it seems as if they were asleep for 1 night and are right back into things!  It's amazing how fast this time goes!  I'm already out 5 1/2 months!!  No bueno!!  I love it though!  

So we have had a great week!  Last week on p-day, we went bowling with Chris, an investigator, and the spanish elders.  It was a blast, but there was a Taylor Swift marathon going on there!! haha  It was baadddd!  So distracting but it's ok.  So I was mutant running down the hall the other day and there was a big group of girls that Elder Miller and I ran by, we didn't know they were there it was so funny!!  We could care less, but they all laughed at us haha.  

I have some good boots to wear, they were left in our house!!  Thank goodness!  I went on exchanges the other day with Elder B, our ZL.  He said that day was an answer to his prayers because he had been hoping for an experience to rekindle that fire he used to have to do the work.  That day, we taught 5 member present lessons and 2 less active lessons, which is more than they do in a whole week!  He said the enthusiasm we had that day changed the rest of his mission!  He said it brought back that fire and desire to work hard and keep going, even when it gets hard.  I spoke at Bucky's homecoming talk last week for 8 minutes or so and didn't even use cards!!  WOW, I was happy with myself I was able to get up there and speak on the Atonement without any notes.  That's what we do all day, every day, I guess just not in front of a big group of people, so it should be natural by now.  We have 3 dates set so far and 1 more on it's way, Chris is Jan. 26, Sister S. is February 9th, and D. is February 2nd.  We have so much work to do, I love it!!!

I went on exchanges with the spanish elders on Wednesday while Elder Miller went to a meeting in Idaho Falls, it was a blast day haha.  I spoke in spanglish the whole day haha. We played a dice game during our lunch break, so we all chose a number and if it landed on your number you had to do something.  Elder Solorgio lost first and he had to drink a cup of hot sauce!!  Nasttyyy.  I lost second and had to drink a raw egg!!  I threw up haha the texture got me!  I lost the third time as well and had to eat a spoonful of cinnamon in under a minute.  It hurt so bad, I was tearing up and my sinuses burned so bad, but I did it so that's all that matters.  We are doing it again soon on a p-day probably next week with the district!  It's going to be a blast!  We have a lot of challenges made up and we video tape them all haha. 

Elder Miller and I got interviewed for a newspaper the other day!!  A man called Pres. Brinkerhoff and asked for 2 missionaries to interview, he referred us!!  How cool is that!!!  So we had an interview and the paper comes out on Saturday.  I will send you a copy.

We are continuing to excel in work load, we find ourselves busier and busier!!  I love it!  When we get home, writing in our journals is the hardest task because we just collapse as soon as the door opens.  I have been working out pretty hard in the mornings, I notice I'm a lot more upbeat when I do, plus I cannot get fat.  I miss adventure though!  It's tough not being able to do crazy things or get the adrenaline pumping.

I bore my testimony in 4 sacrament meetings yesterday, one was about how life will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it. (Thanks Rocky!)  But with the gospel, we can stand up and fight it!  Life can be a good thing.  I talked about not giving up and how when we are about to give up, on our last breath, that is when we have to give it one more hard push, because it's when we are about to collapse that we are on the brink of genius.  I am learning so much out here.  Whatever I do when I am older, I will owe most of it to my mission experience.  The mission just teaches you a lot of skills that directly relate to entrepreneurship. 

But anyways, this church is awesome!!  I love it.  I can't believe I am actually a missionary!!! It's finally here and I am wrapped up in it!  I love my mission!  I am so glad Caitlin is going! There is nothing better that you can do!  You learn more out here than anywhere else!  I love it so much and can't get enough of it.

I hope you all have a great week and I love you very much!  May God bless you, uplift you, and help you grow.

Love,
Elder Fischetti

 Elders Fischetti, Miller and Braby with the Hill Family
 A Great Day with the Hill Family for their Baptism


 On Exchanges with the Spanish Elders


No comments:

Post a Comment