Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teaching Any Way They Can - Week of August 12th

This week has been another very busy but great one! 


Last Pday we went golfing!!!  It was a lot of fun, and I didn't do too bad, but 9 holes is plenty for me, it was free because that RC plane we found wound up being the manager's of the course!  So we found him and gave it back. We also played basketball with a bunch of excons!!  At first, they wouldn't talk with us, so we played basketball with them, and well it turned up to us getting them to church!  It was so awesome!  The ward was shocked.  

Then we also found 2 foot spas for $5 bucks!!!!  So worth it!  We teach a family named the Mincers, the husband doesn't sit it on our lessons, but I found out he likes RC stuff, so we started talking to him about that!  He showed us all of his toys and what not, and 2 weeks later he is now sitting in on our lessons!  Slippery as an eel!  It made me so happy that he would sit in on our lessons!  He isn't a member, so let's hope for the best!  Ok, so we decided to bike out to the furthest of our wards the other day to contact some people, on the way there it started to pour!!  Like we were dripping wet.  We thought, this is perfect!  Now we will get in any door!  And it worked!  We talked with a less active man whose wife is not a member, we asked if we can come and teach about the world's most important message aka The Restoration.  He said yes!!!  It paid off, but sadly on our way home like 2 miles away from home I got a flat tire :( so we had to walk our bikes all the way home.  But it's ok, I like adventures, so it was fun.  

One of our wards out here had a big party/campout so we invited the basketball boys and their friends, they all came and wound up being the life of the party haha.  It was a blast having them along. a lot of people came up to them and talked with them for a while.  After, we were all biking home together and we found some mounds of gravel...well of course we had to make some bike jumps!  We went off of them for a while and then 2 of the boys went back to the party and slept underneath a tree haha.  They are crazy.  At the party, they found a rope swing that was supposed to be for kids, but they climbed on top of a roof and jumped off of that with this rope!  People were shocked...we brought them, so of course, we had to do it as well.  

Oh, I also wanted to thank you for the care package!!!!  I loved it!  All of the Trader Joe's food and the homemade cookies!  I also loved the talk you sent me, Holland is such a beast!  I love reading his stuff.  Thank you so much!  I really did love all the stuff, and some of it was very needed like those funny tissues and the sidewalk chalk!  

On Saturday, we helped with this huge spanish party!!  We set up tables and peeled corn for them.  After, they had a huge round robin soccer tournament...the missionaries had a team and man, we got our butts kicked!  They were all so good!  LIke passing the ball around in the air good. They tore us apart, but we still had a lot of fun even though we couldn't communicate with most of them haha.

OK, so cool story about prayer.  Elder Alligood goes home in 15 days.  We have been praying since day 1 together for someone that was ready and wanting to be baptized.  Well, it didn't come for 3 weeks of us being together, so we started to think it wouldn't happen, but yesterday a man came up to us after church and told us about this 12 year old named Damien, he has been waiting to be baptized and has been going to church with his grandma!! AHHHHHH Prayers answered!  We are teaching him on Wednesday and will baptize him before Alligood goes home.  I can't wait!  Man, we were flippin' out!  Finally, after all of this hard work and sacrifice we are finding success!!!  I love it!  It's the way life works, the harder you work, the more you get.  But you have to go through the pain and battling while you're at it.  I love my mission so much.  I am learning so many life skills that will bless me forever.  I really needed Idaho.  Being away from all of you, makes me come closer to you as well.  I emailed Matteo today,  i miss all of those guys.  This week has been a busy with small stuff one.  I enjoy every second that I am out here. I really realized how small Rigby is the other day, just farms everywhere! It's harvest season so there are tons of huge tractors everywhere.  I love you all so much!  I hope your week is a good one and that you live your life!  I love you all very much!

Love,
Elder Fischetti

 It is tradition for a missionary to burn an article of clothing when they reach  milestones on their mission.  This is Elder Fischetti burning a shirt as he reached his one year mark!

 Elder Fischetti's Zone.  It is the largest in the mission!

Fun times, good times.

1 comment: