Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week of February 18, 2013


Happy P Day!!
If you didn't grow up on a farm, it's a once in a lifetime experience. 
 Bucket list? 
 Dog sled races - new BFF? 
???

 The best District in the Mission!
Mad Mountain Jack, love him!

My headaches are not the best, they have been kicking my butt once in a while. Last night it woke me up like 4 times because the pain was so bad. I popped a ton of pills and fell back asleep. So, Elder Gulisane is 10 minutes south of Albany so sort of near where you guys are. Margo is the Bishop’s wife, she told me she emailed you haha how funny, she is an awesome lady! Her son is going on a mission to New Mexico in 9 days, he hangs out with us on pdays when we bowl haha. Tell Bishop Franklin I said hello, I am going to try and catch up on all of my letter writing next week, I’ll just type them all out, we have a zone activity today and I need to get my haircut so I may not have time to, but we will see. 

Missionaries went over to Johnny's??? (actually, they just called him). How exciting!!! It will happen eventually, I can feel it. It may be a while, but someday. Oh I got a package from Snapfish! It was a picture book of our family! Do you know who sent that? It is awesome! I love getting pictures. Oh and I have some apple cider vinegar so don’t worry about sending that. I haven’t noticed a difference from the nose spray yet, but we will see. We cover 6 wards, the towns are Wilford, Twin Groves, and St. Anthony. It is a good sized area, but I think I’ve knocked every single door in my area haha. But we keep knocking and finding! We found 16 potential investigators this week!! So exciting! Oh and Jack came out teaching with us on Monday night! It was funny having him along knocking on doors. I am glad to hear you are doing well. 

We milked a cow this week!!!! We milked it with an NFL player! His name is Brandon Bear, he is gigantic! I’ve never seen such a huge guy in person. He grew up here in St. Anthony, and we knocked on his sister’s door and he was there! He served a mission and is an awesome member. He asked us if we wanted to try milking a cow, so of course we had to! It was a little nasty but we did it anyways. We helped out at a Dog Derby in Ashton for some service, there was a dog pull where a dog sees how much weight it can drag, the winner pulled 700lbs!!! It was incredible! The dog was a beast! It weighed about 100 lbs. and it was a big husky, that dog would eat Bridger for breakfast. We also helped with the kids’ snow shoe races, and at the end the lady said the Elders had to race! In front of like 200 people! It was a blood bath, nobody actually ran. Right off the start, we started tackling and grabbing each other, it was a blast. 

The mission is so much fun!!!! I’ve learned a lot about having fun and how to really enjoy life! I wanted to talk to you guys about this. Life is meant to be enjoyed! Every second of it! Even the hard stuff we are meant to enjoy it. First off, you’ve got to do something each day that pushes you, whether it’s something you are afraid of or a physical challenge, just something to compete with yourself. That’s the best way to stay young and keep you going. The other day, we had an ant eating contest! Yes, big carpenter ants! It was nasty, but the rush you get just wakes up the mind! One of the best feelings I can get! So you guys should all try and do something each day that scares you or pushes you! Life is too short to be miserable! Things can always be worse. Look at the good and forget the bad. One of the 12 Apostles said "Look at the past and gather the embers, but leave the ashes behind." What’s the point of dragging the ashes around? There is none! So as bad as things get, just find something to give you some happiness. Never, ever, ever be negative! Also, don’t sweat the small stuff. If something goes wrong or someone offends you, just keep swimming! Just forget about it and move on! The only things stopping us from a life of fun and excitement, is number one ourselves and number two our fears. Just love life! I know life isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, but dancing in the rain and puddle splashing can be a blast as well! 

We have had some really spiritual experiences, we have gotten a few people to quit smoking! The best is the Haden family, their children are being baptized next month. But in order for that to happen the dad has to quit smoking. Through a lot of testifying, promising blessings, and giving blessings he was able to do it. I loved the challenge of it, Satan was working hard on him but the Spirit always comes out victorious if there is a will to do it. We also have been teaching the owner of the tabacco shop here in town haha. We found her and accepted the challenge. She is reading the Book of Mormon, and is enjoying the way she feels when she reads it. I have also done a lot of fasting for people in our area, and for strength because my mission is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done. Everytime I fast and pray, something big happens! This week was my best finding week in the mission! I love it! With the Spirit of the Lord, anything is possible. 

I love my mission!!! It is speeding up again! Time is going by too fast. I love you all so much! Thank you for the Valentines Day box!! It was wonderful! Some snacks and some little odds n ends are what I needed! Tell Grammy and Pop Pop I will write them soon and thank you so much for the little bit of money! It gives me a little breathing room! The Valentines Day box meant a lot to me, it’s always nice getting some support from back home. I love you all so much! Don’t forget to have fun!! Live life on the edge. "if you’re not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room." Take that to heart. 

Have a great week and dont worry about me, I am doing just fine! 

Love,
Elder Fischetti
"if you think you can or you can’t, you are right."

No comments:

Post a Comment