Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week of March 25, 2013


Hey big Papi!!!
This week has been incredible!! We have found tons of Potential Investigators, and people to teach!! I love missionary work!!!! I never thought I would get as obsessed with it as I am now. I have trouble sleeping at night sometimes because I am so excited thinking of new ideas and ways of doing our work, and thinking of success and what I would do in certain situations. I finally did THE HOLLAND. (when you stick your foot in someone’s door so they can’t close it). The man opened it and said not interested, so I jammed my foot in there and just shared my testimony of the Savior and what he is to me, the man had a totally different look on his face after, he was trying to close the door at first, then just sat there and listened. IT WORKED!!! It was awesome. I love my mission, and nothing can or will slow me down. Keep up the work back home Dad, The most important thing we do in this life is in our homes.
Love you
-You want something? Go get it. Period. 

Dear Family:
Wow, what a story that is!!! SO awesome when missionaries really learned and really grew. That missionary was faithful and trusting in the Lord. That Elder was blessed by the Lord for his hard work throught his mission, and he probably realized that, and he gave back in turn. That’s awesome! 

So Elder Rowe was here for our stake conference, he knew me from President Brinkerhoff!!! He said he has heard great things about me! Holy cow, I was shocked haha. So I am doing great! My headaches aren’t such a pain now! I get them rarely and they aren’t bad at all!!! So relieving. 

I love my mission, Mom, you have no idea how grateful I am that I got out here. I have changed so much and grown so much, I will never be the same. My mission is making me who I am meant to be. So a few stories. First one is a bike story haha, we had an appointment at 9 the other morning to give blessings at the hospital about 2 miles away. We walk outside and it is snowing/raining and 20 degrees outside, my companion asked if we should call them and postpone or something. I said, well let’s think of how we found them, it was a wierd night, everyone was slamming doors in our faces, but one we got in by chance haha they didn’t like us but invited us in anyway, they are members and tried to ask us to leave, but we found out their parents were both in the hospital and we promised we would come give them a blessing. The 2 people were less active and need the gospel! So I said to my comp...Let’s roll. We rode there and it wound up being a super spiritual experience. SO WORTH IT. Now the 2 kids are going to come back to church!! Another quick story because I need to go, I finally did THE HOLLAND.(when you stick your foot in someones door so they can’t close it) the man said I’m not interested in a growly voice and slammed the door, I shoved my foot in there at the last second...you’ve only got one shot with some peope. He was shocked, haha he tried pushing it closed but I just stood there. I testified of my Savior Jesus Christ and how much he means to me. The man totally changed, he felt the spirit and just sat there listening. He didn’t invite us back, but I know he felt something, and it was a seed planted. I love my mission. I’ve never felt so alive and so into something. I have lost myself in such a big cause, I don’t even know what’s going on at home or in the world, to be honest, it doesn’t really matter. I love my mission!!! I can’t sleep some nights because I am up thinking of ideas or so excited to do it all again. 

Mom, I love my mission. I don’t have anymore time haha we gotta roll. But I love my mission! Your experiences sound like they were great!!! What a blessing to serve those men!! That is way cool! I love you and thank you for all that you do for me. Have a great week and stay safe! Never ever postpone a prompting. I love you! Sorry this email is short, next week’s will be better. But I love you!
Love,
Elder Fischetti
- I dont like being handed things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment