Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week of March 18, 2013


Wow, so many questions!!!
Ok so I’ll just start answering. I didn’t get Tracy’s package, I will get it though, dont worry. So with the neurologist. He gave me shots in my scalp, SOOOO painful but it’s ok, pain is weakness leaving the body. It numbs the nerve endings. He says my decription perfectly matches cluster headaches, he said they are extremely hard to deal with so he gave me those shots to kick me off the regular routine of having them. Haven’t had one since :). He also gave me a few perscriptions that I will go and pick up today. He said it will most likely 95% cure them for good :) So glad to hear, huh? 

So our zone is legit! We have 18 missionaries, and for the temple we don’t schedule things, just sometimes we run firesides at the visitors center. Being a zone leader is a lot of fun, but a lot of work. We are up late adding numbers, drawing maps, and memorizing people, places, and numbers. It’s crazy. Then we have to wake up at 5:30 to report numbers to the Assistants, I have never been so worn out and exhausted in my life. But I love it. So with my new address, give it to Vanessa and anyone else. 

So we live in a mansion. It has marble floors, and real beds haha. Compared to St. Anthony's house, this is the celestial kingdom. We have a brand new phone and a brand new area. We whitewashed the Idaho Falls Central zone...Brand new zone, :) so I am blessed to open it up with a bang. The area was in the dumps before, nobody really trusted the missionaries because of things that happened. So President said it will be rough at first, but great after they see our personalities. Elder Reed is from Hawaii, Oahu, he is the bomb. He is a mix of Matt Assumma and Elder Aiono. We have fun, but work like we've got hot sauce in our butts.  I love my mission.  I love every second of it.  So we were dropped off at the transfer site on the other side of Idaho Falls, with a brand new phone so no numbers, no car, and basically nothing.  Both new to this area, and basically just stranded.  Everybody left and we were still there with all of our luggage. It was awesome!!  We used our missionary skills of talking with anyone about anything and found our way home pretty soon.  We live with Brother Packer, he is a G!!!  He is older, his wife died a few years ago and he requested that we live there. We have pool, ping pong, air hockey, and foosball. It is sweet, too bad we barely have time to use it all. But he has been a huge help, he bought us groceries last week, drove us around and just treats us like his grandkids. We were up getting water right before bed, and he comes out with a grin on his face and wanted to make milkshakes haha. Just the little things that make life more enjoyable. 

I told dad, but he went bankrupt at the age of 50 and had 3 kids in college, so he had to find a way to make money fast! He studied and worked his butt off, and was the number one health insurance salesman in the country!!! He is inspiring. I now see why we should go to school, and work my butt off. Even though I don’t think college will be the biggest help for me doing what I want to do, I want to go and work hard just so I can feel accomplished and that I can do anything I set my mind to. I will dominate in school when I apply the vigor I have for knowledge to my schooling. But I love my mission. 

So call Jack Church and ask him about the bear story, it is way too long for me to type, but just do it. So there are so many missionaries in your ward!!!  That is crazy!!  Tell them I said hi and 'HOOORAAHHHH FOR ISRAEL." "the world is in trouble, and we are the hope of Israel."-Elder Holland. Tell them to just work hard and get competitive, and nothing else will matter. When they want to succeed as a missionary as bad as they want to eat or sleep, they won’t worry about their family, about basketball, about home, girlfriends, their future, or anything. They will just hustle and work. 

I saw Nick and the old Elder Beswick!!!! We went bowling at Fat Cats haha. No, we can’t step foot on BYUI campus. If we do, we have a first class plane ticket home. Elder Bednar put that in action when he was there. So we can’t even look at campus the wrong way.  I love my new area alreadyyy!! Our leaders out here are so motivated and excited to have us here. There is so much potential work,and I just love waking up early, and giving every second everything I’ve got. When I get home, I can barely walk around because I am so exhuasted. It is great!! We were riding some other missionaries’ bikes to each companionship’s house in our zone,....we don’t have a car yet.  But my bike pedal fell off!!!  It was awful, we were miles away!  But we had to keep moving, so I looked at Elder Reed and said, let’s roll, I pedaled with one foot the entire trip!! It was exhausting, but I got her done. I just love my mission. I have grown and changed in so many ways, I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to now. The mission has changed my life forever. I love you all very much!!! 

Elder Reed is the bomb, and I love serving with him, he is motivated like me, so it’s a great change. He is great and we will dominate the work out here. I love you all very much! Be safe and love life! Tell everyone I said hi!!!

Love,
Elder Fischetti
"I didn’t come here to fail"....I told that to the stake high councilman over missionary work, when he said this area is going to be extremely hard because of the history of missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment